Sako renews its company and product branding and starts building a portfolio of digital services
Sako has released its new global company website at www.sako.global. Sako has also renewed its Sako company brand and sako product brand and the related guidelines for global use.
Sako Ltd.'s new company website www.sako.global is designed to serve a diverse audience of customers, covering defense and law enforcement customers as well as hunting and sports shooting enthusiasts around the world.
The new website brings together Sako company’s two distinguished product brands of Sako and Tikka and their related rifle, ammunition, accessories and services offerings. The enriched contents of the new website bring alive Sako’s customer insight based ways of working with the aim to even better deliver to the needs of our customers and business friends.
- We have been growing our market footprint over the past two decades very successfully, especially with our Tikka branded hunting rifles. We aim to continue on the strong growth path by renewing and expanding our sako branded offerings during 2023. Today we are considered as one of the most trusted companies and brands within our industry - rated both by our defence and law enforcement customers and by hunters and sport shooters. In 2022 our Riihimäki factory’s annual sales (export value of factory sales) peaked first time in our 102-year company history into triple-digit numbers, of which over 98% is exported across the world. We stay committed to investing in both factory capacity expansion and in building our brands and new ways of serving our customers through digital services, says Raimo Karjalainen, CEO, Sako Group.
- In the past two years we have reached out to our customers in many ways to find out where we stand and how to better engage with them going forwards. In late 2021 we conducted an in-depth customer survey with +14.000 respondents from all over the world to gain customer insights. We are proud and humbled with the results. Our Net Promoter Score of our company, of the sako and tikka product brands and of our key product families are all above +60 NPS in all our geographical target markets and across our customer segments of snipers, outdoorsmen, hunters and sports shooters says Sami Arhomaa, Marketing and Digital Product & Services Portfolio Director, Sako Ltd.
- We have learned that customers want to know more about the company behind the sako and tikka products prior making their purchase decision. Customers want to know more about us, our people, our mission, our values and ways of working. All this we aim to address better than before with our enriched company related contents on our new website. Most of our customers say they made their purchase decisions based on product reviews & ratings, based on information on website, based on friends’ advice or based on the advice of the experts at the shopfloor. This sets clear guidance for us to further improve the ways of going to the market together with our customers, media and dealers around the world Sami Arhomaa continues.
- As one example of the many important actions building on our customer insights, we are excited to release the first set of Voice of Customer videos & content in our social media channels and on our new website. With the releaese of our company brand and website we commit to embrace the topics that seem to be important for the hunting and sports shooting communities of customers across the world:
1) Feeling confident on the task at hand, wheather in the wild or on the range
2) Embracing diversity in the communities of customers and in the great outdoors ecosystem
3) Enriching and sharing the experiences to inspire and to learn from others. These customer values will continue to be important for Sako and we stay committed delivering on these through our products and actions of our company, Sami Arhomaa continues.
The renewed Sako company and sako and tikka product brand identities and contents going alive with the release of the new website have been created in close collaboration with Sako’s selected creative partners SEK and Smidig.
Sako’s digital architecture builds on an open API platform, uses AWS, Contentful CMS, Akeneo PIM and Cloudinary Image Bank. This digital services platform and its first go-live execution (www.sako.global website) is built in close cooperation with our selected digital partner Vincit.